incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move forum & support discussions to ooo-users@
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:59:41 GMT
On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 10:18 -0400, Shane Curcuru wrote:
> I don't know why I didn't think of this before!
>
> [PROPOSAL] Ask the community to move all discussion of forums, user
> support, forum management or technical implementations, over to the
> ooo-users@ mailing list.

that would be fine with me - +1

though it would not bother me to stay here also

that said - and primarily to the folks on the list and with roles at the
forums

I think that right now, as it was put in an email ~2 days ago, the ball
is in our court to come back here with a solid proposal and I think we

1 - should move quickly to reach a meeting of the minds between
ourselves that this is indeed the action (transferring the site into
Apche land and unequivocal transfer of 'the forums' to the AOOo) that
the group wants to finalize. I would submit that we preform this step
using the current 'Site-Admin' board at the en forum, because there is
in fact three hosting offers before us [two of which are certainly
viable]..I don't think it will take much time to take one last look at
those and I fully expect all will agree (or not object) that moving into
the new OpenOffice project is the best solution ... but we should take
that small time to do this - today)

2 - I think that as soon as we have that as a clear and common objective
(my working assumption) then we should finish drafting a proposal for
the PPMC. For this step, since we won't be talking about 'other sites'
then I strongly feel we should hold that discussion, focused in one
thread if we can, on the 'Site Feedback' board, which is visible to
anyone one browsing the as and only requires a regular account setup (2
minutes to do) in order to participate..I would not hesitate to keep
that discussion focused, so that we can move purposefully towards our
goal.

Sorry for mixing, but I think if we do this it can keep the noise down
on this list..

//drew

ps - again anyone on the PPMC that is interested can create an account
and I'd be happy to add you into the admin board today...can always
remove you later if you desire - your call.