incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: [repo] External sources, ICU (was: Who wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 03:32:38 GMT
--- On Wed, 9/7/11, Eike Rathke wrote:

OK, I accept your reasoning.

> > There is also interest in using icu-regex for
> > replacing the copyleft regex and the latest
> > versions seem to have improved a lot.
>
> Of course, but upgrading ICU at this stage for a 3.4
> release IMHO is not an option.

Hmm.. the release.

Apart from the SGA, that doesn't really depend on us,
we need:
- new regex code (where I thought and ICU upgrade would
actually help)
- solve the lcc cpp issue (remove?).
- testing the above.

There are some other issues that may be worked around
for now.

You are the second person that I've heard on this list
saying that the release is near (the first was Marcus).

Perhaps you guys know something that I don't? ;).

cheers,

Pedro.