incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: [repo] External sources, ICU (was: Who wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:19:50 GMT
--- On Wed, 9/7/11, Eike Rathke wrote:

> I don't see why the current ICU 4.0.1 needed to be updated,
> what "issues with headers" are you referring?
>
>   Eike

I am not sure exactly when the ICU license changed but
the first ICU versions had a restrictive license.

We have some code from ICU in the tree, Matthias'
ApacheMigration list has:

- get new break iterator data from current ICU

There is also interest in using icu-regex for
replacing the copyleft regex and the latest
versions seem to have improved a lot.

While here, we should also be doing these
"easy" tasks from Matthias' list ASAP:

- get new ksc5601.h file from XFree86
- get new odma.h file with suitable license
- sync unixODBC header files with opensource.apple.com

cheers,

Pedro.