incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Support forums
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 00:25:18 GMT
Look Simon, while I obviously don't have the time nor
the inclination to comment on every suggestion made on
this list, all I've *ever* expected us to do with the
forums is to just start hosting it on ASF gear.  The
only modifications infra wanted were with respect to
bringing the codebase up to the latest available
version(s).

Frontloading this effort with a bunch of social and technical
red tape servesneither the ASF nor the goals of the Apache
Way, whichis supposed to involve gradual, evolutionary changes
toboth communities and to code.  Revolutions are not called
for at this particular juncture; it's hard enough work
to just move things over (both code-wise and community-wise)
largely unchanged.