incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 00:04:49 GMT
I'm tired of the one-sided blame game from both sides.
Suffice it to say that neither side lived up to the
expectations of the other, and generally poor communication
skills were on display all around.

Fixating on the past won't help us move forward, so I
suggest we just let this dog lie.

>________________________________
OpenOffice.org project

>Le mar. 06 sept. 2011 07:10:03 CEST, Pedro Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com> a écrit
:
>> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:52:27 +0200, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Well, Rob, you finally did it. I hope you are happy. I'm not.
>>> Even if someone else can work the miracle and get the migration done
>>> (I doubt it), you'll find that the resulting forum under your
>>> conditions will be a place full of content, but without contributors.
>>>

>> You can't blame Rob for a decision that Terry took on his own. It's
>> no secret he had problems with doing things the Apache Way and never
>> really got well with infra@. Quitting a job you don't like is a
>> right, and it's obvious he has more important things to think about
>> right now.
>>
>> Pedro.
>>
>Are you kidding?
>He worked hard to do it. The only reason why he left is because of the way he has been
treated by ASF people, not providing information when he was trying to comply with the ASF
way and being flamed when he did things without having the information requested.