incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][wiki] Migration (was Re: Who Wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:46:12 GMT
On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 19:05 -0400, TJ Frazier wrote:
> On 9/6/2011 18:03, drew wrote:
> >>
> >> As Pedro commented, you don't need a newbie to help with the conversion.
> >> But in the long run, I volunteer to learn whatever is needed to support
> >> the MW system. All I have to offer is that I am a sysop on the live
> >> wiki,
> >
> > You have root level access to the current box in Hamburg?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > //drew
> >
> Sorry, no.

Drat

> AFAIK, only Clayton had that (and possibly other Bureaucrats;
> I see Terry's name on that list, and Andrew Rist, as well.)

Yes Terry had that level of access and I assume Andrew does (note the
word assume there)

I needed to pass this along also - I received a call from Terry earlier
today and he walked me through the current status on his migration work,
open issues and concerns (technical concerns only).

One good thing is that is appears my email to the Network admins in
Hamburg 2 years ago to turn off my access to the server running the
forums there was never acted upon - so as soon as I dig out my keys for
that service from a backup I'll be giving that a try - hopefully that is
the case.

On the wiki there is a sizable amount of work left to do on the staging
server including email integration for both VMs (wiki/forum) for one,
and issues from the upgrade to the latest version of MW causing problems
with many of the 44 mods the service was using...oh fun.
e gave me some clues on where the documentation he created for the Infra
guys is in SVN and he is working on a more detailed hand off document
which will be emailed to us - but that is not likely till this weekend
given some already scheduled commitments has tomorrow and the next day.

I think that document is coming to me - if so, as soon as I get it I'll
forward that directly here.

I see Pedro has already asked on the Infra mailing list to try that MW
to Confluence conversion script...haven't seen a response on that
request yet.

> I suspect that root access is a separate thing from wiki group rights.

I believe so, yes.

OK - as soon as I know more, everyone will...

//drew