incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 22:52:23 GMT
On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 00:35 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
> Le mar. 06 sept. 2011 07:10:03 CEST, Pedro Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com> a écrit
:
> > On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:52:27 +0200, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Well, Rob, you finally did it. I hope you are happy. I'm not.
> >> Even if someone else can work the miracle and get the migration done
> >> (I doubt it), you'll find that the resulting forum under your
> >> conditions will be a place full of content, but without contributors.
> >>

> > You can't blame Rob for a decision that Terry took on his own. It's
> > no secret he had problems with doing things the Apache Way and never
> > really got well with infra@. Quitting a job you don't like is a
> > right, and it's obvious he has more important things to think about
> > right now.
> >
> > Pedro.
> >
> Are you kidding?
> He worked hard to do it. The only reason why he left is because of the way he has been
treated by ASF people, not providing information when he was trying to comply with the ASF
way and being flamed when he did things without having the information requested.
> Who's to blame here?

Hi Hagar

Terry can and did speak for himself - let his words stand on their own.

You had your say also and Pedro his, right now if we are to have any
success we all need to be careful about fanning smoldering embers.

So, I will just come out and ask you directly, even if Pedro responds
again to just let it go.

@Pedro, I do not know you, but I would ask the same of you.

Respectfully,

//drew