incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: [legal] ICLA paragraph 7
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 20:11:28 GMT

--- On Tue, 9/6/11, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> >

> > --- On Tue, 9/6/11, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >

> >> So I don't think we can give an answer set in
> stone.
> >
> > Again, section 5 of the Apache License is clear
> enough.
> >
> > Pedro.
> >

> True.  I could also send an email that says "I promise
> to pay Pedro $1 million dollars".

So *you* are the guy sending me email from Nigeria? ;-).

> But wouldn't you feel better having that in a
> signed document?  I sure would.

Having the contribution in a mailing list or in
a bugzilla report is equivalent to getting the
money in the bank.

It doesn't matter if people didn't read the license
or if they got it as part of LibreOffice: if they
contribute to us, and they don't state otherwise,
it is under AL2.

Pedro.