incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Forum integration
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:35:41 GMT
On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 20:18 +0200, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> Drew,
>
> > My only real question is regarding the moderators needing to be part of
> > the PMC - I'm not at all sure I see that need.
> >
> > I'm wondering if there is a particular action or actions that you feel
> > triggers this as a requirement?
>
> No, i was just guessing.
>
> If the moderation should not join as pmc - are they committers then?
> And who actually would join the PMC?

I would see forum level admins as a must.

In a simple way it would break down to this - anyone that can implement
an actual policy decision - this means ability to change configuration
settings on the overall forum would be so required.

For instance changing what file types are allowed as attachments and
which are not - that is an admin function and a moderator can not alter
that.

//drew