incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache project
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:38:41 GMT
On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 07:18 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

> I suppose it depends on what you mean by "the volunteer role".

I'm going to try and talk to things ONE issue per email -

The Volunteer role - the reason it existed was precisely because there
was no place to ground the forum at when it was created - the OO.o
community council didn't want to take responsibility for it, the Sun
Management team didn;t want to do so - and those of us setting it up did
not want to become little tin dictators over time - so we created the
Volunteer group to disburse final decision making authority.

With the Apache OpenOffice poddling taking the role of final responsible
party then at least on one level the function becomes superfluous -
however the group may still fill have a function..need to explore that
with a few others.

View raw message