incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice most annoying bugs
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 22:50:48 GMT
--- On Sat, 9/3/11, Raphael Bircher <r.bircher@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Only because a patch it's included in LibO we should not
> include it automaticly here. There are many reasons to not
> include a pach.
>
> - Lisence Problems
> - The Patch is not compatible with other Operating system.
> - The patch is bad programmed, eg. only supress a problem
> not solve it.

Feel free to illustrate this in the 24 Bug reports I posted.

> Yes, we should integrate patchs, but the reason should be
> technical only. But Integrate patch to give people the
> feeling they are needed here, no!

I have never said we should simply integrate the patches.

I do think having a bug report standing for more than 6
years is not healthy for any project, and the competition
is doing something about it.

If the patches are not acceptable let's close the bugs,
but let's just not keep prolonging the pain of our
end users ;-).

cheers,

Pedro.