incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice most annoying bugs
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 03:11:34 GMT

--- On Fri, 9/2/11, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> Is it worth contacting the authors of these dictionaries to
> see if they would consider giving it a license we can use?

My standard boilerplate reply was:

"Please note that we will not receive contributions under
copyleft licenses anymore. We recommend Apache License 2.0
to be consistent with the rest of the suite."

I do think that having their dictionaries in OOo is a
good motivation for them to adopt a less restrictive
license.

The issue here, however, is that we may want to rethink
if we will be carrying dictionaries at all: hunspell
is copyleft.

Pedro.