incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: AOOo can't save passwort protected file
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 00:01:49 GMT
 On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:42:22 -0500, Pedro Giffuni
 <giffunip@tutopia.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:34:22 +0200, Mathias Bauer
> <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net> wrote:
>>>  Just a thought ... Perhaps we should try to make Apache OO
>>> *really*
>>>  Apache. I am now seeing so many nice things that other Apache
>>> projects
>>>  offer: Santuario, APR, pdfbox, Xerces/Xalan, Maven, etc. Just
>>> something
>>>  to consider (after 3.4).
>>
>> Whatever external components are added: it should be avoided to use
>> Java
>> components for code that is loaded on startup or for loading
>> "normal"
>> documents. If possible, Java should be used only for optional
>> components/features.
>>
> Except for pdfbox, all the Apache conponents I mentioned are
> available
> in C/C++ versions.

 (I was on my way out so I left this sort of half answered)

 The issue here is xmlsec as we have it now depends on nss and openssl.
 Apache Santuario has xml-security-c which only depends on openssl (and
 Xerces-c3).

 The Apache way would be to use Santuario, but that is probably more
 work
 than finding out why we are not using xmlsec + openssl. In both cases
 we should also update OpenSSL for security reasons.

 Pedro.