incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for September 2011 (ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org)
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:06:58 GMT

On Sep 13, 2011, at 9:31 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> The code base pulled over from OpenOffice.org is undergoing development while incompatible
notices remain on the granted code.  This is separate from the scrubbing of dependencies on
incompatibly-licensed material.  RECOMMENDATION: Continue OpenOffice monthly reporting for
another quarter while IP cleanup is pending.

With the proposed splitting of the site this issue will be properly handled by the project.
There is no need for this to be the first thing mentioned as worthy of the Board's attention.

I think there could be some more positive comments about the project. The build fest is worth
mentioning.

Regards,
Dave