incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: how to do with such ext modules in AOOo?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 06:35:14 GMT
 Hi Shao;

 Most of them are not an issue as they are not mandatory or are only
 used during
 the build. Glibc and stlport, as mentioned in another thread, can die.

 Rather critical right now is some internal code that is derived from
 GNU regex. The idea is to replace it with ICU regex (originally from
 IBM)
 but AFAICT no one is working on it yet.

 A less critical problem is lp_solve: there is a patch in bugzilla to
 use
 COIN-OR, also something that has some relation with IBM.

 Yet another thing to look at is using Apache Xalan to replace saxon.

 There are other issues, of course, but those three I think are rather
 important.

 Cheers,

 Pedro.