incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Concerns about all PDL website material
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 03:02:01 GMT
I would still not touch anything.  Let's migrate/preserve first, keep it running for users
in place (when we cut over), and then figure out what to do when it is all in our custody.

Are you pursuing a conversion to Confluence or are you just talking about the static web pages?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 18:02
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Concerns about all PDL website material

[ ... ]

I just read from the licensing faq [2]

It seems then that most is not PDL and is then OCA or TOU. From reading the FAQ it seems like
Sun/Oracle pushed that.

I found a list of Copyright assignments here. [3]

If we preserve that, we are likely good the only question now is for legal in the context
of proper copyright attribution. I'll need to think about the best way to ask in the context
of the whole migration of the openoffice.org website to apache infra as an openoffice.org
domain.

Some of the snippets and contests may be LGPL and we will need to find those but that's known
and expected.

[ ... ]

[2] http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/faq-licensing.html
[3] http://www.openoffice.org/copyright/copyrightapproved.html