incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Concerns about all PDL website material
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 03:02:01 GMT

One more response then I am going to feed the cats their dinner and then watch a movie.

Since the web site is not part of a podling release, I think there is room to maneuver.

The web site can be audited and sanitized in plenty of time for graduation, it seems to me.
 That seems preferable by having a front-loaded urgency to replace material that is not compatible
with being served up by an Apache site.  It may be more important, starting out, to ensure
that everything is preserved and nothing has been broken for users.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 18:17
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: Concerns about all PDL website material

[ ... ]

I'll be concrete, and use a real Apache PMC example. In Apache POI when reviewing for a release
we found a GPL data file someone checked in. Fortunately we were able to contact the author
and get him to dual license the file with the appropriate NOTICE added.

Now in our case we may know its there and have it on our list to remove it. We will need to
review everything voting for a release means you have used available tools and convince yourself
that everything is good as best as is humanly possible.

My hesitance was whether I was about to add stuff that was almost completely problematic.

[ ... ]

SInce I found a list of CA signers I am less worried.

[ ... ]