incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Proposal: Forum integration
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 20:40:34 GMT
The forum administrators having to create a proposal to us is a requirement that did not exist,
as far as I knew, when I drafted that note.

I certainly hope there is no reason for us to need to comment here.  I see no reason to provide
any further feedback.  I am sure they will do that through someone with more karma there.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 13:30
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proposal: Forum integration

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> With a special exception for anyone who has server and configuration access, all that's
required of *us* (the PPMC and ASF) with regard to the operation of the Forums is oversight.
 I repeat my suggestion to have that be sufficient for now.

Actually, could I ask you to stop forwarding bits and pieces and vote
status and such that they are having on their private forum?  That
only encourages us to comment prematurely.  They should have the
ability to caucus among themselves and develop a fully baked proposal
before having their partially thought through draft ideas tossed onto
this list.  When they want to raise something here, they know how to
do it.

Thanks!

-Rob