incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [proposal][www][lazy] Apache CMS Site for the OpenOffice.org Website Migration
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 00:33:13 GMT
Dave, and ++1

My last paragraph is wrong-worded.  Try

That could be a big win with regard to continuous engagement and support of the end-user-oriented
community, allowing us to stage through *incubation* without yanking the rug out from under
OpenOffice.org in their faces.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 17:01
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [proposal][www][lazy] Apache CMS Site for the OpenOffice.org Website Migration

Dave,

I think this is a great idea.

Since this site might be exactly what is needed to serve up as OpenOffice.org from Apache
infrastructure, I suggest that there not be a production target, but just a staging target
that can be viewed and reviewed in testing but not published.

The production target could host a domain of our choosing, but quite possibly OpenOffice.org
when the DNS is moved from the current hosting to Apache hosting and incubation of migration
between http://incubator.apache.org/opendocumentorg (and the eventual http://openofficeorg.apache.org/
or whatever the development face URL becomes.

This provides a soft landing for OpenOffice.org and for further incubation as the division
is worked through.

That could be a big win with regard to continuous engagement and support of the end-user-oriented
community, allowing us to stage through integration without yanking the rug out from under
OpenOffice.org in their faces.

Thanks,

Dennis