incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 03:08:48 GMT
Thanks Dave, those are useful inventory items to ensure coverage and disposition of some sort.

What are your thoughts along the lines of my question to Kay concerning how updates and discussions
on these would be handled cleanly?

In fact, what is the desired action with regard to the items on those pages? Anything specific?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 19:16
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation

Dennis,

Kay's page is not the only one that discusses the subdomains/projects of openoffice.org. These
are variations.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOo-Sitemap
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OpenOffice+Domains

Here are the "synonym" domains to openoffice.org. There are some decisions to be made about
what should be kept.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Current+Roster+of+OpenOffice+Domains

Feel free to either edit or comment on any of these wiki pages, many have already.

I think we are getting closer to be able to propose a coherent migration plan.

Regards,
Dave

On Sep 5, 2011, at 3:45 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Kay,
>
> I'd like to start taking some of the material that is beautifully captured on your OOo-to-ASF-site-recommendation
page down to the next level of detail.  I think linking to additional pages is the way to
do it, with those pages focused on details at the next level for a very specific topic, such
as the Bugzilla migration.

> 1. I was thinking the hot links would be added into the "Migration Recommendations" cells.
 Does that fit with your thinking?

> 2. Also, I don't know a good way to tie in discussion on the OOo-to-ASF... page.  There
is nothing like a Discuss tab.  Do you have a preference?

> 3. Finally, I see your primary restructuring separation.  I agree to that in principle.
 There are clearly cross-over points where the user side provides a gateway to the developer
side, as it were.  My question: I don't know how your categories map to that restructuring.
 Are they meant to, or not?