incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [WWW] native lang sites moved to my apache area
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 04:23:01 GMT
Yesterday, when I watched some of those NL pages scroll by in my psftp window, I saw that server-side
copies of folders used by FrontPage Extensions to support authoring were present in some of
them.  These are folders with names such as _vti_cnf.

It is somewhat odd that those would be included in the SVN. My first thought is that they
might just be authoring artifacts dragged along into SVN.

Do you know whether FrontPage Extensions were/are actually being used server side?

 - Dennis

SIDENOTE

I'd be surprised if those would be supported on an ASF-supported hosting (though I could be
mistaken).  There may be security issues with such setups.  (I use them, but only locally
and not on internet-reachable servers.  I mark such folders to be ignored by SVN and they
are never committed to a repository.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2011 00:13
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [WWW] native lang sites moved to my apache area

I figured that, since you'd done the checkouts I would just make a copy of your set (in case
you started working on it) and then download them to my computer from orcmid@people.apache.org.

The copy was quick.

The download was very time consuming, though I did not have to pay attention to it while I
was working on other things.  It seems that transferring 28,000 files one at a time in a 1.21
GB FTP transfer can be pretty slow.

Now that's done, I can go to sleep (it is just midnight here).

That was a great idea.  If you grab any more, let us know.

 - Dennis