incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:45:41 GMT

I'd like to start taking some of the material that is beautifully captured on your OOo-to-ASF-site-recommendation
page down to the next level of detail.  I think linking to additional pages is the way to
do it, with those pages focused on details at the next level for a very specific topic, such
as the Bugzilla migration.

 1. I was thinking the hot links would be added into the "Migration Recommendations" cells.
 Does that fit with your thinking?

 2. Also, I don't know a good way to tie in discussion on the OOo-to-ASF... page.  There is
nothing like a Discuss tab.  Do you have a preference?

 3. Finally, I see your primary restructuring separation.  I agree to that in principle.
There are clearly cross-over points where the user side provides a gateway to the developer
side, as it were.  My question: I don't know how your categories map to that restructuring.
 Are they meant to, or not?

Thanks for the attention to coverage and detail, it is a big help.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Schenk []
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2011 14:24
To: OOo Apache
Subject: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation

Continuing our discussion from Thurs, if you now go to

and navigate through this "portal", specifically the survey of existing
OOo services, I tried to reorganize some things, and include the web
pages in this overview.

and, did address some of the "old" questions (topics) in

So, maybe that will help.

[ ... ]

View raw message