incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject [DISCUSS][wiki] Migration (was Re: Who Wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 21:25:17 GMT
[I am *intentionally* breaking this thread off of the building OOo one]

The OpenOffice.org wiki version reachable on Apache OOo is a test instance and has not been
kept synchronized with the OpenOffice.org "master" as far as I know.  Changes there will be
lost when we do a production cut-over.  (We have not staged a cut-over and staging is not
defined yet.)  It is a MediaWiki though.

If you have updates that would work on the OpenOffice.org instance, I recommend that you make
them there.

If you want to help with the definition and staging of the cut-over, it might be useful to
record your thoughts on OOOUSER in conjunction with Kay Schenk's matrix at M https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOo-to-ASF-site-recommendation>.

Finally, at the hands-on level, I believe Terry would welcome more assistance.

You wouldn't happen to know how to administer and preserve the OO.o Mailing List system would
you? [Private joke [;<) but I wish it weren't]

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Richards [mailto:mrichards@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 13:49
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?

Now that I've built OpenOffice on Linux with moderate success, I'd like to
lend a helping hand with the documentation side of things. As far as I am
aware, the existing (maybe old now) wiki has been migrated to Apache Infra
(via VM). Does this content need to be moved to the confluence wikis
eventually? I do apologies if this is off topic, there's been so much
discussion going on proving difficult to follow everything all the way
through.