incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 18:24:28 GMT
Oh wonderful.  Now there is "our" to clarify.

Drew, sometimes when you say "our" you mean the Forum folk, and sometimes you mean the Apache
OOo project, it seems.

My understanding of Hirano-san's question was about providing something on OOODEV.

It is my thinking that *OOOUSER* is a good place for what Hirano proposes, along with the
migration material and other inventory items that are already captured there.

Meanwhile, I look forward to whatever proposal is brought forward by Forum folk.  I recommend
against dropping it onto the list with a [VOTE] message.  I believe [DISCUSS] is appropriate.
 Only [VOTE] if consensus is unreachable or a formal [VOTE] is felt necessary to make it official
for ASF procedural reasons and to satisfy the Incubator PMC.

 - Dennis

PS: Instead of altering my spell checker to ban the word spelled W+E, I have my e-mail auto-corrector
set to replace "**SIAMO**" with "**SIAMO**".  (Heh!)  Then I have to find a repair at once,
but my spell-checker dictionary is not broken.  Now I must consider "our."

-----Original Message-----
From: drew [mailto:drew@baseanswers.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 08:26
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 00:15 +0900, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
> Hi Rob and all,
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> > Yes, Hirano-san, take your time.  There is no advantage to rushing
> > this.  In fact, we can all take some time to cool down as well.
>
> Good.  Thanks.
> :)
>
> > [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOODEV/Changes+integrate+the+forums+into+the+AOOo+project
>
> Thanks for the link.
>
> Can I edit the wiki page?
> I would like to add some info about admins and moderators of 10
> community forums such as EN, ES, FR, HU, IT, JA, NL, PL, VI and ZH.
>
> Thanks,
Hi khirano

The text of that proposal is in the active threads at en forums
Site-Admin board and folks have been working against it to form our
proposal already.

It would IMO really help if we could all be, one page for this work, so
to speak - so I'm not saying don't do that if you want - but suggesting
that it would be most expedient to engage at the forum right now and put
our contribution into the draft there..

Does that sound reasonable?

thanks,

//drew