incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Bug reporting, handling rules
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 18:03:31 GMT
There's some great material there.  I did not review closely.

It is my thinking that this material should be preserved in an appropriate way.

I agree that the top level should make it easy to file a bug and offer links to progressively-deeper
detail elsewhere.  Users with interest in knowing more can go there; others need not be distracted
by too much information in their way.

Many of the current links don't work and no discussion has occurred on what would replace
"QA team" and "QA project" if anything.  Also, is there a counterpart of the QA review of
issue postings in the Apache OOo Bugzilla handling?  Should there be?

Meanwhile, there is a disconnect between that material and the new Bugzilla.

Since these pages and OpenOffice.org are going to be there for an indeterminate time, maybe
it is good to look into being more deliberate, seeking migration progressions that don't leave
so many broken or inappropriate connections.

It is my thinking that some survey of interdependencies is appropriate so that damage-control
can be injected and the users are not disturbed.

QUESTION: Is it possible to perform maintenance on these pages where they now are or must
change of hosting occur so that repairs can be made?

 - Dennis