incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Targeted Donations?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:17:17 GMT
There are ways to make small (or larger, within-credit-limit) personal donations to the ASF.
PayPal is accepted [;<).

I haven't tried it to see if one can even make a comment to indicate that the donation is
in honor of ASF accepting the OOo incubator.

That is not the same as making or accepting a targeted donation, of course.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Gardler [mailto:rgardler@opendirective.com]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 13:35
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; oooforum@free.fr
Subject: Re: Targeted Donations?

On 12 September 2011 19:56, FR web forum <oooforum@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> If AOOo did this, it would be completely new (and IMHO the Board would have
>> to agree to it).
> My query is just to have a formally answer to give at our users on the french forum.
>
> We have sometime this question: "I want to donate, how can I do this?"
>
> What should I say to them?

It depends on what they means by a "donation". If it is a significant
donation then they should look at the sponsorship programme, see
http://apache.org/foundation/sponsorship.html

If it is a small donation from an individual user we do not currently
have a means for accepting such. Every now and then someone decides
they are going to put a process in place to accept small donations.
Each time it progresses a little further but at the time of writing it
is not (as far as I'm aware) complete. Of course, if someone from OOo
would like to help make this happen then we need to talk to
fundraising@ to see what can be done.

In the meantime perhaps the community could put together a list of
external charities relating to the OO.o project and list these on the
OO.o site?

Ross

Ross