incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [patch] add rpm in the archive names
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 17:30:48 GMT
An alternative for patches that one is hesitant/unable to commit is to submit them with an
issue on the now-live issue tracker at http://issues.apache.org/ooo/

We should be using this bug tracker heavily now.  It is the best way to place material where
it will be seen and reviewed without being buried in the ooo-dev list.

-----Original Message-----
From: eric b [mailto:eric.bachard@free.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 23:22
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [patch] add rpm in the archive names

Hi,

Under Linux, when we create .deb files, the download archive name
contains "_deb", avoiding confusion.  It was not the case for .rpm
rchive type, and lot of people download .rpm and discover later they
need .deb.

Since I don't know whether we can commit or not, I prefered provide a
patch who fixes the problem.
You'll find it at : http://ftp.educoo.org/home/ericb/patches/
apache_ooo/add_rpm_in_the_name_aooo.diff

It is provided under Apache License, of course.

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə