incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Having New Committers also be on the PPMC
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 18:43:15 GMT
I'm quite satisfied with myself that I said my piece and stood by to see what discussion would
unfold.  I should have known it wouldn't have been so easy. Still, I promise not to post more
than once per day on this thread, with the exception of responses to questions I have been
asked directly.

One small addition to this diversion from the basic question:

The TDF has Members.  I don't know how many it has, but there are Members.  They will elect
the Board of Directors and the Board of Directors will be chosen from them.

Back on topic:

I would like to hear something from others about their sense of what they want to see and
why.  I want to know what the concerns of others are without them being immediately challenged
over their wrong-headedness.

 - Dennis

SOME STATISTICS

There are currently 75 committers on the Apache OOo Podling project.  Two of those are also
mentors; 55 of the others are on the PPMC.  In the last ballot of the PPMC, 24 PPMC members
voted.  in the ballot before that, 30 PPMC members voted.

The remaining 18 committers are each automatically eligible to be on the PPMC, though a few
have declined.

There are also 13 initial committers who have not completed their establishment as committers
for unknown reasons.  These are also eligible to be on the PPMC if they show up before the
door is closed.

Of the current committers, 7 were invited as the result of ballots on the PPMC (i.e., they
were not initial committers).

There is one committer whose establishment is underway.  That is the 8th committer invited
as the result of PPMC ballot.  That committer is invited to be on the PPMC also.