incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: PLEASE STOP " RE: svn commit: r795631 - in /websites/production/openofficeorg:
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:06:50 GMT
I'm not sure.

Absent specific details that say these pages are covered by the SGA, that is another reason
to stop.

And even then, the standard-form SGA is not a copyright transfer.  It is only a license.
There has been information already that no copyright transferred.

Affixing an Apache copyright notice appears to be inappropriate in any case.

Affixing notices and licenses/terms has legal implications and that does not seem appropriate
for CTR actions.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 09:27
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: PLEASE STOP " RE: svn commit: r795631 - in /websites/production/openofficeorg:

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I think it is inappropriate to make web visible duplicate and different pages that are
presently available via the OpenOffice.org.  There is much more to determine before the migration
of the OpenOffice.org content and services is staged.  There is no worked-out consensus on
how that will progress through integration so that user-facing OpenOffice.org and project
facing openoffice.apache.org are separated appropriately, if at all.

> More important to me is that fact that those pages don't "belong" to us.

Are you sure?

These are the static website pages per project:
http://openoffice.org/projects/native-lang

In order to check these in, the person who created these files would
have needed to sign and return the OOo contributor agreement.  So
Oracle has the ability to set a ALv2 on these.

I know this is not true in all cases for all content on the OOo
website, especially wiki content.  But don't you see how it is true in
this specific case?

Or am I missing something?

-Rob