incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: AOOo can't save passwort protected file
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 19:49:48 GMT
Yes, Raphael, I know to do that concerning the AES issue.

My suggestion (in the part of the message that you clipped) is that the same thing be done
with the new AOOo build to see if the crash is dependent on the default use of AES in that
build or if any mode of Save As ... with Password causes the Save to fail.

I have now identified two defects to add to the AOOo bugzilla that are separate from the Save
failure.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Bircher [mailto:r.bircher@gmx.ch]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 12:05
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: AOOo can't save passwort protected file

Hi Dennis

Am 16.09.11 19:47, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> I use a series of older versions as part of my document forensics work.  In particular,
I keep ODF 1.1 processors around.

> It happened that it is the default application in the same VM where I have OOo-dev 3.4
installed.  So it opened by accident on a double-click where I was testing for the Save As
with Password problem, to see if it existed in OOo-dev 3.4.

> So I found a down-level regression by happy accident.  And that had me learn that the
OOo-dev 3.4 uses AES encryption by default, which no ODF 1.0/1.1 client will recognize, nor
will many ODF 1.2 apps not built to recognize anything more than the default encryption (there
being no requirement that they do otherwise).
You can switch the ODF Version under Tools > Options > Load/Save. Please
try to switch from ODF 1.2 extended to 1.2 or maybe 1.0/1.1 and test to
open it with the 2.4 again.

Greetings Raphael