incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 16:34:48 GMT
It appears that the OO.o Forum is typical in that deleted posts [can] go into a quarantine
forum.

I believe the deleted ones expire, so there would have to be some adjustment for that if they
need to be retained permanently.

Whether to move to deletion or simply expunge immediately might be a choice of the moderator.
 I do not know.

Do posts removed by moderator action on mailing lists here on Apache remain somewhere?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s@daniel.shahaf.name]
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 05:28
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers

drew wrote on Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 14:12:49 -0400:
> On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 14:05 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Being a member-based organization the ASF requires
> > > that all foundation activities be subject to member
> > > scrutiny (with only a handful of operational exceptions).
> > >
> > > I would be perfectly satisfied if the private forums
> > > are fully archived and made available to any ASF member on
> > > request, without undue delay.
> > >

> > And to all PPMC members as well.
>
> Archived, yes fully and for that matter you can't edit a single letter
> in anything without the logs catching what you did...and those logs
> would be fully under ASF Infra control.

AFAIK moderators are able to delete posts (as a means of spam control).
How does can that work with the forums being 'fully archived' or 'fully journaled'?

(One option is to forbid deletion of posts, instead moving all spam
posts to a designated 'spam' forum; I'm not sure how workable that
would be.)