incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 18:23:55 GMT
I suspect that the visibility on lists and forums there (I have made some comments on the general
forum as well as some of the lists) may lead some folks to come over here, though the distaste
for lists seems quite deep-seated.

I suspect that, over there, they have no idea that you are just one person with your own opinion
and have only one vote.

We know that here, but they have no idea there.  You should be clear about that over there,
as I trust that I have.

Hmm.  An onlooker here on ooo-dev might not conclude that either. Probably about either of
us [;<).

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2011 07:43
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Reizinger Zoltán <zreizinger@hdsnet.hu> wrote:
<snip>

> Why you think the volunteers and admins will join to this list, if you not
> makes any steps into the other directions?

I'm assuming the volunteers and admins want positive results.  The
decision-making in the project occurs on this list -- ooo-dev -- by
participants making and discussing proposals.    So I think that
volunteers and admins should join and participate in this list so they
can engage in an open, two-way conversation on how the project,
including the support forums, are run.

Remember, I am just one person, with my own ppinion.  I have only one
vote.  I don't make the decisions myself.  But if an admin or other
forum volunteer is not participating on the ooo-dev list at all, then
their opinions will likely be unheard and their vote uncounted.  That
is why you should encourage them to participate on the ooo-dev list.

-Rob