incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Re : [Discuss] Lost in translation
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 22:42:27 GMT
I think you are miss-reading me and certainly making too big of a deal about this.  Please
get off my back.  Or practice diplomacy, perhaps?

No one here, in the past two weeks, has suggested that either JB or Sophie had been administrating
that portion of fr.OO.o and might still be able to help.  Why someone who knew that had nothing
to offer since Eric described the problem on this list on August 19, I cannot say.  I consider
it quite generous of me to say that "we didn't know"

Did you know it?  Do you know who knew it?

Also, until Raphael just explained the deal with kenaiadmin as the "project" leader, was that
knowledge "we" had?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 15:11
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re : [Discuss] Lost in translation

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> We didn't know to contact JB or Sophie.

Please stop saying "we don't know".  It is really annoying to those
who do. I'm sure that you have no firm basis for believing that no one
on the list knows how to contact Sophie.  How could you possibly?

Of course, you could just say "I don't know", but in that case, what's
the point?  It is not really useful for everyone who doesn't know an
answer to a question to jump in to share that fact.  What if we all
did that?  So maybe don't try to be the first one to post a response
to a question if you don't know the answer.   Wait a little while and
give someone who does know a chance to post a response.  For example,
in this case, the two people who did post informative answers within
minutes of your "we don't know".

Thanks,

-Rob