incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Lost in translation
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 21:16:07 GMT
I meant the pootle system that was tied into the openoffice.org site.  It is not something
we are accountable for here (but it is good that it is on our list of things to figure out
how to migrate).

I was not expressing ignorance of the system, but of the situation.  Note that I said "the
pootle server" in the context of his question.  Fortunately, my simple statements were not
lost in translation to French.  Just to English [;<).  If you know about the situation,
I assume you will tell him and us?

I looked in the list and I didn't see anything else on that thread when I was replying to
Cyril's original post.  Sorry.  Now that you mention it, I remember seeing his reply about
only paying attention to lists but I must have mislaid that somewhere.

Finally, Eric Bachard is the fellow asking for help because he doesn't have administrative
rights to fix the list problems that he sees.  (I have seen list problems on other lists beside
the fr.OO.o ones, by the way.)

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 13:53
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Lost in translation

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Hello Cyril,
>
> We do not know about translation in native language yet.  We do not know here about the
pootle server.

Speak for yourself, Dennis.  We have several list participants here
who know about Pootle.  And we have several OOo translators active on
this list.  Why would you suggest otherwise?

> A question for you:
> Do you also take care of fr.ooo mailing lists?  Do you know who does?

You should read a thread before responding.  I already asked Cyril
this question and he already responded.  That was yesterday.  He said
he was not involved with the fr.ooo mailing lists and suggested
talking to Eric Bachard.

>  - Dennis

had set up a pootle server. But it seems to be offline now.