incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Should w merge discuss@ooo into ooo-users.i.a.o ?
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 16:36:46 GMT
By "we" I meant anyone who is seen, over there, as representing the Apache ooo project or is
reporting on the fate of oo.o as viewed from the Apache ooo project.  There's a lot of sensitivity
over there, probably more than we have seen expressed here.

Please go ahead.  I have the bugzilla announcement in my job jar and I'm still looking for
who on oo.o can provide administrative support on the oo.o end so that the bits don't rot.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 08:03
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Should w merge discuss@ooo into ooo-users.i.a.o ?

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I agree that participants on discuss@oo.o should be invited to come to ooo-users@i.a.o.
>
> Can we be more diplomatic in our announcements over there?  The one at users@oo.o on
creation of the ooo-users@i.a.o list did not go over very well and was a lightning rod for
some vocal participants there.

If by "we" you mean that you are volunteering to send a notification
to discuss@oo.o, then go for it.   Otherwise, I will do it.

-Rob