incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: SVN and bringing the total end-to-end OOo project under Configuration Management
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:30:59 GMT
On 29.08.2011 16:40, Terry Ellison wrote:
> Thanks for comments. Rob.  I was hoping to get your and others thoughts
> on this TLD structure issue:  Where do we plug the wiki, the forums, the
> other website services into our svn hierarchy (where XXXX=the relevant
> service):
>     * incubator/ooo/site/trunk/XXXX
> or
>     * incubator/ooo/site/XXXX/trunk
> or where?
>
> There's no clear slot in our current TLD structure.  I've put my

i don't understand at all why "site" contains "trunk", does anybody
really want to branch it?

> On 29/08/11 14:59, Rob Weir wrote:

>> 2) Our customizations occur in a branch
> Tried this before on projects.  It really doesn't work.  There are
> ~2,500 files of which we update about 20-30 with a single patch file.
> If we do it the way you suggest, we would have a huge bulk of revisions
> every phpBB release.  It's a lot easier to keep the build script and the
> patch file under CM and then we only have two files to update every
> release.

perhaps a patch tracking tool like "quilt" would be appropriate?

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/quilt/

it allows to have not just a single big patch but multiple patches, each
one containing one "logical change".

then the patches and quilt metadata can be put into SVN.

(i have been using a versioned HG Mercurial Queue against the OOo repo,
which is quite similar in approach...)

regards,
 michael