incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1162610 - in /incubator/ooo/trunk/main: binfilter/bf_sfx2/source/doc/ binfilter/bf_starmath/source/ binfilter/bf_svtools/source/misc/ chart2/source/view/main/ slideshow/source/engine/shapes/ svtools/source/misc/ unotools/inc/unotools/
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:35:53 GMT
On 29.08.2011 09:36, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> On 29.08.2011 02:36, Eike Rathke wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> On Sunday, 2011-08-28 23:34:31 -0000, mst@apache.org wrote:

>>> Log:
>>> unotools: OOutputStreamWrapper:
>>>
>>>   remove invocation of DECLARE_UNO3_AGG_DEFAULTS
>>>   (symbols are somehow not exported with GCC 4.6, and it seems to be
>>>   unnecessary)
>>
>> The "somehow" may be related to the -fPIC vs -fpic I mentioned in an
>> earlier mail.

i vaguely remember having tried this many weeks ago, but it didn't seem
to help.  perhaps i tried it on the wrong file...

presumably it should make a difference on x86_64.

>> Simply removing the DECLARE_UNO3_AGG_DEFAULTS(...) removes
>> forwarding of acquire() and release() calls to the baseclass, I don't
>> think that's correct. See comphelper/inc/comphelper/uno3.hxx

but OOutputStreamWrapper is derived from ::cppu::WeakImplHelper1, which
implements the acquire()/release() methods itself (public).  so client
code should simply call these base class methods and the manual
forwarding done by the macro seems entirely superfluous to me.  (there
are certainly already hundreds of classes that derive from
WeakImplHelper* but don't override acquire()/release().)

> Is it wise to fix the code for gcc 4.6 *now*? Every fix might introduce
> new bugs and gcc 4.6 is not the "standard" compiler nowadays (AFAIK).

please note that i will have a difficult time contributing if i can't
build the code :)

> Regards,
> Mathias

regards,