incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [code] stuck at offapi on unxlngx6.pro
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:30:44 GMT
On 28.08.2011 19:12, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Fourth, now I'm stuck at module offapi where idlc bails out with completely
> senseless messages:
>
> Entering /build/aooo/main/offapi/com/sun/star/sdb
>
> Compiling: Forms.idl
> ../../../../com/sun/star/ucb/Content.idl(296) : Illegal syntax following service member
declaration: syntax error, unexpected IDL_IDENTIFIER
> ../../../../com/sun/star/ucb/Content.idl(311) : Statement can not be parsed: property
> ../../../../com/sun/star/ucb/Content.idl(313) : Statement can not be parsed: syntax error,
unexpected '-', expecting ';'

> and 100s more after that. Content.idl line 296 and following are in the
> middle of comments, apparently idlc attempts to parse those as idl
> definitions. Currently I have no idea why.

i have had the exact same problem trying to build OOO340m1 on my Fedora
box.  for now i've just worked around the problem by removing the big
100s-line comment in Content.idl, then invoking "build" in offapi, then
putting the comment back.  strangely it only happens when building files
that include Content.idl, not with Content.idl itself.

guess it's some bug in idlc, or perhaps a compiler bug (gcc 4.6.0 here).

regards,
 michael