incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas S├Ąger <ville...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: I use the oo newsgroup for support. Do not like fora
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:07:50 GMT
Am 24.08.2011 13:31, bill wrote:

[yes, bill wrote nothing]

This is the perfect example for a useless, off-topic message copied into
thousands of inboxes like all the "test" messages, "unsubscribe!" rants,
TOFU lessons and other bullshit in all the OOo *user* forums.

- In a forum this would have been moved into a quarantine box together
with a notification for bill. This happens within an hour or so and
hardly anybody would have noticed the non-issue.
- If there were some beef in the message, it would have been moved to an
appropriate subforum with a polite welcome and a hyperlink pointing to
the forum tutorial. And bill could learn how to find already posted
solutions and expand on existing topics.
- If there were spam or other violations of TOC it would have been
deleted and bill would have been banned.

I like newsgroups and mailing lists for closed circles of collaborating
subscribers because everybody is notified about everything.
In the year 2011 emails can not provide good support quality for a
product like OpenOffice.org.

Just my 2 Cents,
Andreas