incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal]After the code is checked in to SVN
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:58:38 GMT
Am 23.08.2011 13:07, schrieb Stephan Bergmann:
> On Aug 21, 2011, at 6:48 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
> Two more steps that we might want to phase in somewhere are:
>
> (a) Replace the Oracle/LGPLv3 license headers in all the relevant files with Apache/AL2
ones.  Is this maybe legally important to do as early as possible, or can it wait until end-of-incubation?
 Probably makes no sense to do before phase 5, anyway.

+1, will not affect big CWSes like aw080

> (b) Optionally, do some automated cleanup.  For example, LibreOffice recently did some
automated whitespace and tab cleanup when merging their spread git repos into a single big
one.  Such cleanup is probably a good idea (if only to follow LOs example and not let the
two code bases diverge more than necessary), but generally it of course complicates merging
of existing changesets, so a time of "starting fresh" can be a good time for such a change
(which implies that it would probably best be done after integrating the changesets from existing
CWS in phase 6).

-1, will be a nightmare for resynching aw080 during continued
development. Please let's wait with something like this which does not
really change the code until no really big cws is under way.