incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: binfilter (was RE: OOO340 to svn)
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:47:54 GMT
Am 05.08.2011 18:15, schrieb Mathias Bauer:
> On 05.08.2011 17:21, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>
>> 	Hi Mathias,

>>> As long as binfilter runs in the same process, you can't link it
>>> statically against vcl.
>>
>> Yes, right. Thanks for the hint. Thus, the remaining missing stuff has
>> to be stripped and added in the binfilter way. Worth a try... When will
>> we have code...?
>
> Adding a copy of vcl to binfilter won't help as you can't have two
> instances of the vcl Application class (including its pseudo-static
> data).

...whereby the binfilter version would be in the binfilter namespace.
Maybe there is a creative way to have a vcl Application class in the
binfilter namespace.

The only way to solve the problem would be reimplementing the vcl
> based part of binfilter so that is only uses a stable API to vcl code.

I had more in mind to implement the still needed parts. Should be
(hopefully) not too much, painting and other stuff is completely
removed, thus the static data should be not needed in most cases or
being replacable. The second depends on a try I guess. We will never be
able to guess all needed stuff by discussing.

> This could be achieved by using UNO APIs where possible and defining the
> remaining used C++ APIs as "stable". "stable API" means: defining a time
> period where they are guaranteed to remain compatible so that binfilter
> does not need an update even if the office version is changed.

Too dangerous, I would not try that.

> Of course
> that would be quite some work to do as binfilter surely uses a lot of
> vcl code here and there.

Hopefully not :-)

> Regards,
> Mathias