incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 03:18:13 GMT

On Aug 1, 2011, at 8:02 PM, TerryE wrote:

> <snip>
>> Excellent,
>>
>> I never got a reply on what the VM requirements are.
>>
>> I'd like to get going so am going to create 2 x VMs of 50GB space and 2GB RAM each,
both
>> with Ubuntu 10.04.3. One for the mediawiki and one for the forums.
>>
>> We can then get started on getting a working copy going on these, ready for final
sync once
>> the go ahead is given.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gav...
>>
> Gavin,
>
> The forums will comfortably run in this.  The wiki might struggle without tuning, since
the current config isn't and the MediaWiki engine is a D/B hog unless you stick a cache such
as Squid or Varnish in front of it.

> If you are building the VMs then that's fine, but I'll want to mirror them exactly for
my dev, so can you mail me the dpkg -l listing together with the etc tarball and details of
any not debian installs.

> I'll shout if there's anything missing.  We'll need a PHP accelerator -- Xcache or APC,
and php5-cli.

Full steam ahead! Thanks Gavin!

Regards,
Dave