incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Discussion] dev-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gmane.org
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 02:36:33 GMT

On Aug 22, 2011, at 6:45 PM, Larry Gusaas wrote:

> On 2011-08-22 7:29 PM  Andy Brown wrote:
>> Larry Gusaas wrote:
>>> There is no link to it anymore on the OOo support or mailing list pages.
>>> How are current users of OOo supposed to find support if the support
>>> lists are no longer listed. Certainly not by posting to this list!
>>
>> Larry, the link is still on the support page, http://support.openoffice.org/ .  The
mailing list page has been changed to point people here.  The users and discuss list should
have been left in place to we have a replacement here.

>> Andy
>
> The support page does not give detailed information. The title "Users Mail List" does
not link to anything, unlike every other listing on that page. I believe that it used to.
There is no link for further info, just the subscribe and archive links.

> The mailing list page used to have more detailed information as well as options to subscribe
to individual emails or to receive a digest of messages. It also provided information on posting
and reading the list through gmane as well.

The old page still exists and the current content can be partially restored. The gmane information
should be kept for historical purposes.

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www/mail_list.html

This is our place where we are working on the replacement www.openoffice.org.

Thanks for your concern.

Regards,
Dave

> Larry I. Gusaas
> Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
> Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
> "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." - Edgard
Varese