incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:53:34 GMT
Hi Rob,

Le 18 août 11 à 01:58, Rob Weir a écrit :

> The options for the svn:eol-style property are:
>
> native -- store in normalized format, and bring down in client's
> native style
>
> CRLF -- bring down always with DOS/Windows convention
>
> LF -- bring down in Unix convention
>
> CR -- not sure who uses that? Is that Mac?

If this can help ( I hope I'm not off topic) end lines are 0x0A on
mac OS X, so I'd say it's Unix too for Mac OS X (tested with Midnight
Commander).

And building on a lot of OS's ( Windows, Mac, Linux ... and so on), I
see only two cases in the sources : DOS endlines ( 0x0A 0x0D)  and
Unix one ( 0x0A ), both present

> But odd that dostext.txt and wintext.txt are different files.
> Perhaps it is testing character set as well?  Might be safer to
> just treat
> these test files as binary files, e.g., set svn:mime-type to
> "application/octet-stream".

Using svn with OOo4Kids, I do not remember what has been choosen (it
was Cedric Bosdonnat who tweaked the thing, not me), but you could
checkout one or two modules per see ?

The repo is  svn://svn.adullact.net/svnroot/ooo4kids1/trunk

I have no problem building anywhere (Windows, Mac and Linux)

Notes: some other files hosted in the sources, are UTF-8 and UTF-16
as mentionned below.

>>> /ooo/trunk/core/hwpfilter/source/hwpeq.cpp
>>
>> this one has comments with Korean characters in some annoying
>> encoding.
>> perhaps we should just remove the offending comments for now.
>>

>>> /ooo/trunk/core/writerfilter/source/odiapi/qname/resource/
>>> office2003/WordprocessingML
>>> Schemas/xsdlib.xsd
>>>
>>> /ooo/trunk/core/writerfilter/source/odiapi/qname/resource/
>>> office2003/WordprocessingML
>>> Schemas/wordnetaux.xsd
>>
>> seem to be UTF-16 LE encoded

On my side (OOo4Kids sources), I got this :

truc:~/Desktop/r1238/writerfilter/source/odiapi/qname/resource/
office2003/WordprocessingML Schemas ericb$ file *

wordnetaux.xsd: Little-endian UTF-16 Unicode English character data,
with very long lines, with CRLF, CR line terminators
xsdlib.xsd:     Little-endian UTF-16 Unicode English character data,
with very long lines, with CRLF, CR line terminators

I hope this can help you ...

Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə