incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 01:48:12 GMT
<snip>

<sigh>

There are so many points and counterpoints about new/old and easy/hard.

I think we need guidance about the migration. We need to state what we want to do given the
strong and understandable push to preserve the Wiki, forums, and user downloads of the legacy
code.

WIth the goal of preserving the existing community knowledge base, we need to know that it
is OK for us to consider doing the following with the openoffice.org domain site on Foundation
hardware.

(1) Make sure that we are addressing any concerns about hosting the user forums on an openoffice.org
domain - hosted on an Apache Jail.

(2) Allow the MediaWiki to exist as much as possible under its current terms for existing
content, and under Apache terms for new content - hosted on an Apache Jail.

(3) Host the old Oracle and Sun releases on download.openoffice.org through the Apache Mirror
system even though they are not AL 2.0.

Are these good questions to ask the Board in our report? Or should we be looking for guidance
on legal-discuss.

We would certainly be very sure that it would very difficult for misunderstanding that these
are NOT Apache releases.

Regards,
Dave