incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: PATCH: sd/.../makefile.mk nonsense
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 07:08:11 GMT
Hi `Pavel,

Le 31 août 11 à 08:42, Pavel Janík a écrit :

> Hi,

I didn't follow the full story with DEV300 code, but this is not
normal. For the record, the ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI was added to
integrate the code written by students from Ecole Centrale Nantes.
The feature not being enabled in the release.

The reason was : the feature was not complete, but already usable. So
it was accepted to allow the developers to use some --enable-
presenter-extra-ui at configure time, to continue the work without
maintain patches.

> the makefile.mk file contains this syntax error code:
>
> .IF "$(ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI)"=="YES"
> ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI is not used anymore
> .ENDIF

Are you sure ? In configure.in, I got:

],,enable_presenter_extra_ui=no)
AC_ARG_ENABLE(minimizer,
[  --enable-minimizer          enables the build of the Presentation
Minimizer extension
],,)

Some lines later ... :

AC_MSG_CHECKING([whether to build extra presenter ui])
if test -n "$enable_presenter_extra_ui" -a
"$enable_presenter_extra_ui" != "no"; then
    AC_MSG_RESULT([yes])
    ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI=YES
else
    AC_MSG_RESULT([no])
    ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI=NO
fi
AC_SUBST(ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI)

Last, in set_soenv.in, we have :

ToFile( "ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI","@ENABLE_PRESENTER_EXTRA_UI@","e" );

IMHO, it is still used ...

> Comment it or remove it...

What about continue, and why not use the last improvements we did in
OOo4Kids ?

If you try OOo4Kids or OOoLight, you'll see we added cursors, pen,
and eraser modes included in Impress presentations.

Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə
Education Project: