incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Managing mailing lists (spams issues on fr mailing list)
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:21:56 GMT
Hi,

Le 19 août 11 à 20:20, Rob Weir a écrit :

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When sending a mail on the french mailing lists, we receive in
>> return lot os
>> spams.  One of them is : service-clients@sc.sfr.fr, but I know
>> there are
>> other.
>>

> Is it a fair assumption to think that the Apache lists are filtered
> using Spam Assassin?   If so, it appears to be working well.  I'm a
> moderator on several lists and very rarely see spam come through.

Everyone subscribed to the list received 6 to 9 mails (I don't know
why they are send 3 times).

If you want I can forward you one of them, for expertise (the header
could help, not sure) ?

> Of course, this could be because these are  younger lists, and the
> addresses have not been scraped yet.

I have no idea really, but I recevied 9 mails in one minute, in
return of my own mail. Those mails are in the archives, you can
verify by yourself :
http://openoffice.org/projects/fr/lists/discuss/archive
http://openoffice.org/projects/fr/lists/users/archive

Regards,