incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <er...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: OOo4Kids / OOoLight support ( Re: Migrating the web forums at user.services.openoffice.org to Apache servers )
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 20:59:09 GMT
Hi,

Le 5 août 11 à 19:56, Reizinger Zoltán a écrit :

>> <snip>
>>> Let's try a different approach: if the item exists on the forums,
>>> there will be _de_facto_ a support ? (yet the chicken egg
>>> issue .. ).
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> It's hard to disagree with that - I'd just add, it's a case of
>> lack of a champion versus blocking. In the Spanish forum Alexandro
>> has been, is, a champion for OOo4Kids/OOoLight. Notice that the
>> different forums are not exact copies of each other and indeed the
>> es/forum explicitly list the two application. I am a little bit
>> surprised that the forum did not go ahead and open separate sub-
>> pages. Why not, I have no idea, but I am certain it wasn't because
>> anyone blocked anything.
> Why not?

> My personal answer no user needs for that:
> Only 23 post in EN forum, most of them announcement by Eric on new
> versions:
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?
> st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=OOo4Kids
> One post for OOoLight:
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/search.php?
> st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=OOoLight
> From ~ 38000 posts.

My posts cannot be as visible as they were on the main banneer (and
we didn't announce OOoLight in fact)

> Who use OOo4Kids/OOoLight can help to others, I not know we have
> such volunteers, but will ask it.
> OOo4Kids/OOoLight project members can join and help their users on
> forums.

> Until this happens, not useful to can claim on the forums first
> page that we support OOo4Kids/OOoLight.

No doubt this is usefull for us to be visible.

And one more time we hit the chicken egg issue.

Eric Bachard

P.S. : I have converted your mail into text, since .rtf was
apparently seen as spam by the server.

--
qɔᴉɹə
Education Project: