incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Give the BHV publishing house in Kaarst/Germany the permission to use the OpenOffice.org trademark and logo
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:38:40 GMT
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Peter Junge <peter.junge@gmx.org> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> On 29.08.2011 22:08, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Peter Junge<peter.junge@gmx.org>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to propose --*seeking lazy consensus*-- that the BHV
>>> publishing
>>> GmbH, Novesiastrasse 60, D-41564 Kaarst (Germany) is permitted to use the
>>> OpenOffice.org logo and trademark for their book (in preparation)
>>> "OpenOffice.org 3.3 für Ein- und Umsteiger" [1] [2], means something like
>>> "OOo 3.3 for beginners and people who are migrating" in English. This
>>> package includes a handbook (printed and eBook) and a DVD with the OOo
>>> binaries. The OOo logo and trademark would be used on the book cover,
>>> within
>>> the book and on the label of the DVD. BHV has been publishing similar
>>> books
>>> for previous versions of OOo for many years, e.g. [3].
>>>
>>> I would like to advocate granting the OOo logo usage to BHV, as such
>>> books
>>> foster the public visibility of OOo.
>>>
> [...]
>>
>> A minor suggestion:  I don't think we (as the PPMC) have the ability
>> to approve a request.  Only Apache Branding can do that.  But what we
>> can do is give a recommendation to Apache Branding.
>
> I guess you mean resubmitting the proposal to trademarks@a.o, right?

No.  I mean make a proposal on this list, asking for the PPMC to
recommend approcal.  Then, once we agree on the recommendation, then
you send a note to trademark@a.o and reference via a link the
recommendation from this list.

There may be other ways of doing this, but I think that is the simplest:

1) Get lazy consensus on a [PROPOSAL] to recommend that the trademark
permission be granted

3) Send the request to Apache Branding, with a link to the [PROPOSAL]
thread from #1