incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal]After the code is checked in to SVN
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:15:19 GMT
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 29.08.2011 17:30, schrieb Eike Rathke:
>
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> On Monday, 2011-08-29 09:27:21 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>>> In particular, we now have unrelated changes intermingled with the
>>> addition of missing files from Hg.  This means that there is no
>>> revision in SVN that is identical to the Hg tip. This is unfortunate.
>>> It will make some approaches to merging more difficult.
>>
>> Then I'll step back from doing any work until the CWSs are integrated.
>> If the code doesn't compile on my platform I won't be able to help with
>> integrating CWSs. Unless I'm not expected to compile the resulting code,
>> which I doubt.
>
> No reason to do so Eike, we are already behind that.
>
> The agreed plan was to add the missing files before we even compile and
> fix something and the list of files was known already. But that can't be
> done anymore as other patches are there, so let's forget it.

So I went back and updated the log message for the original import,
which is revision 1162288.  The memo now lists what files are missing,
along with exactly what Hg revisions from main and i10n were used
(Stephan's idea).  This should help anyone who looks at this in the
future and does not recall this thread.

> The current job should be to compile the code on as many platforms as
> possible and to replace or remove copyleft components and code. Thanks
> to your commits we already made some progress and so let's continue to
> do so.

Yes, thanks Eike.